Wednesday, January 13, 2010

my selfLESS prayer

For the most part, I can say that I pray everyday. It may not be a "fall to my knees and cry out" type of prayer, but none the less, it's a prayer. Usually, I silently pray for a short while asking God, "please let me land this job" "please let me make the grade" PLEASE LET ME.... tonight's prayer was different. Tonight, I prayed for them, they, ya'll. Tonight, I completely left my SELF and its wants elsewhere.

Our time on earth is not to be forever, and sadly, some of us have been allotted shorter times than others. It is with this realization that I am no longer satisfied with praying only for MY wants and needs, but instead, sharing my prayer with someone who hasn't been given the time I have been blessed with.

Tonight, I said a selfLESS prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment